24.4.13

BAKED POTATO CHIPS



We make these chips all the time in our house, to serve with something else or just on their own. They're really great just simply made with a sprinkling of olive oil and sea salt; but if you're wanting something a little different it's nice to add some spices or things like fennel seeds (shown here).  After cutting the potatoes into strips, I boil them until soft, then drain.  They then need to go into the oven to bake - the trick is to get your oven tray nice and hot before you put the cooked potatoes on.  I add my oil and whatever I'm putting on them at that stage, then once it's hot pour the potatoes on and bake until golden and crispy.  

2 comments:

  1. i have never tried making anything like this! i bet it would be so good with sweet potatoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a really good idea! I bet sweet potatoes would be really good baked like this.

      Delete